Facing a Downsizing or Layoffs? We Have Your Business Covered!
CareerSource Broward's Employer Services staff coordinates assistance for Broward County’s employers and workers affected by temporary and permanent business layoffs through our outplacement services. During these presentations, our team will come to your business and go over all of the resources and services available to your company and its affected workers. This is a valuable face-to-face opportunity to have with our team of dedicated professionals who can answer questions and help give some peace of mind and closure to you and your affected employees.
Topics covered during a typical outplacement session include:
- How to apply for re-employment assistance.
- Training opportunities through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Setting up a LinkedIn account or other social media profiles.
- Professional development workshops for interviewing skills, resume writing, basic PC skills and more held at our career centers at NO COST.
- Upcoming job fairs and recruitment events.
Employers must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to receive outplacement services.
- Must be a certified business in Broward County.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) affected employees for CareerSource Broward staff to come onsite to your business.
- Additional presentations from community partners such as Florida KidCare, Consolidated Credit and the Employee Benefits Security Administration from the U.S. Department of Labor can also be arranged if requested.
Resources For Employers
Resources For Job Seekers
Upcoming Virtual Seminars Where You Can Learn How CareerSource Broward Can Help You Find Your Next Job or Get Money to Go to School
Thinking about entering a new career field? Interested in going back to school? CareerSource Broward hosts virtual seminars that cover several topics to help you make your next career move, including scholarships for career training, paid internships, on-the-job training and more. There is NO COST to attend the webinar, but registration is required. Below is the date for our next upcoming webinar:
- Wednesday, August 4, at 10:00 a.m. (Register Here)
- Thursday, August 12, at 12:30 p.m. (Register Here)
- Tuesday, August 17, at 2:00 p.m. (Register Here)
- Wednesday, August 25, at 10:00 a.m. (Register Here)
For more information on how CareerSource Broward can help you with job placement assistance, online career success workshops, financial assistance for career training and education and more, click here.
How to File a Claim about Reemployment Assistance (RA)
Go to https://connect.myflorida.com/ to access the online system to file an RA Claim, claim your weeks or access frequently asked questions. The online system is available 24 hours a day and 7 days-a-week. However, the online system is only available to claim weeks Monday – Saturday, 6:30 to 8:00 a.m. and Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m.
Before filing your claim online, gather the following information to assist you in completing the application.
- Your Social Security number
- The names, addresses and phone numbers of all your employers during the last 18 months
- The dates you worked and total earnings from each employer
- Driver’s License, State ID, Voter Registration number or other types of ID that could verify your identity
- The name and the local number of your labor union hall, if applicable
- If you are not a U.S. Citizen, your Alien Registration Number and work permit expiration date
- Your DD-214 form (if you were in the military within the last 2 years)
- Form SF-50 or for SF-8 and check stubs or W-2 proof of earnings (if you were a federal employee)
You may call the RA Hotline to speak with an agent anytime from Monday – Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. at (800) 204-2418. RA agents can provide information about filing a claim, claiming your weeks or obtaining information about your claim.
Submit questions or comments regarding the RA program by accessing the Reemployment Assistance Contact Form online at www.floridajobs.org/fileaclaim.
All e-mail inquiries will be responded to by an RA agent within 5 business days, either by e-mail or telephone, based on your choice.
Short Time Compensation Program For Employees
The Short Time Compensation (STC) Program is a voluntary employer program designed to help employers maintain their staff by reducing the weekly working hours during temporary slowdowns instead of temporarily laying off employees. This program can help employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work-sharing as an alternative to layoff.
The program permits pro-rated reemployment assistance benefits to employees whose work hours and earnings are reduced as part of a Short Time Compensation plan to avoid total layoff of some employees. Click here for more information.
For questions regarding the STC Program, call the Reemployment Assistance Hotline at (800) 204-2418 or visit http://racontactus.floridajobs.org/.
Additional Florida STC Information & Resources:
Contact Us Today!
Want more information about our outplacement services? For questions about our outplacement services and additional programs, please contact Bonni Smith at (954) 609-7969 or by email at email@example.com.