CareerSource Broward (CSBD), the administrative entity of the Broward Workforce Development Board, is a federally-funded, locally controlled organization that provides innovative employment solutions and quality workforce services to businesses and individuals in Broward County. These services are delivered through three strategically located career centers, which provide individual assistance with the Employ Florida website, job placement services, career coaching and other employment-related needs.
What We Stand For
Our Vision: To be the premier workforce agency facilitating better jobs and providing quality workers that enhances the quality of life and builds a sustainable economy for Broward County.
Our Mission: To provide innovative solutions through the professional delivery of quality services, which consistently and effectively meet workforce needs.
- Goal 1: Improve the sustainability of the workforce system through increased funding, efficiency, technology, and relevancy.
- Goal 2: Maintain our role as workforce development leaders through advocacy by the board, collaboration, and providing information and intelligence to stakeholders with feedback from the community.
- Goal 3: Encourage employers by engaging and identifying their needs, and educating and connecting them to the workforce system to produce innovative workforce solutions.
- Goal 4: Encourage job seekers to choose CSBD for comprehensive employment, education and training services, and to connect them to the workforce system using the state's job bank.
- Goal 5: To align Broward County community services (social services and education) to maximize employment and work opportunities for targeted populations (veterans, youth, individuals with disabilities, older workers, and ex-offenders).
- Goal 6: Develop and utilize a legislative agenda to improve employment services and opportunities in Florida.
- Goal 7: To anticipate political, environmental, and economic changes in the near and long-term future and prepare for those changes.