Summer Youth Employment Program
The application for the Summer Youth Employment Program is NOW OPEN.
Ages 16-18 years old and Broward County residents only may apply.
If you would like information on training programs and scholarships, please stop by any of our locations or review additional youth resources listed online. We are here for you and we look forward to helping you with your career planning.
WAGES ARE $14 PER HOUR!
The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides Broward County students between the ages of 16 and 18 with paid employment between June and August. SYEP, a program primarily funded by the Children’s Services Council of Broward County, is more than just a job. It is a true learning experience, with lessons about how to obtain a job, how to keep a job, and how to become a professional. This dynamic program is designed to prepare youth for the future workforce.
The program strives to provide the selected youth with positions from different industries that are closely related to the youth career choices. The youth work in clerical, assistant, or aide roles with government agencies, libraries, community organizations, for-profits, nonprofits, and more.
About the Summer Youth Employment Program
- The application period for the 2024 Summer Youth Employment Program will be open on December 1, 2023, at 9 a.m.
- Selection is income-based and on a first-come, first-served basis (random lottery)
- All participants selected will receive an eligibility packet in the mail
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Must be Broward County resident
- First-come, first-served basis
- Family income (economically disadvantaged)
- Must have valid and current identification
- Training will be in person at local area high schools. Training location will be emailed in May.
- Training focuses on basic soft skills, with an emphasis on punctuality, dressing professional, communication, problem solving and teamwork
- Attendance is mandatory for all three days of training
Employers get to help shape our youth for future careers.
Interested in becoming an eligible employer for our summer youth program?
Please click here to get started.
Real Jobs, Real Work Experience
Does Your Business Need Help During The Summer?
Invest in the future of our youth by serving as a host worksite for youth interns. Give a youth, 16-18 years of age, an invaluable 8-week summer work experience in a safe work environment. CareerSource Broward pays 100% of the youth's wages and insurance. Youth receive workplace skills training to ensure a good experience for you, the employer, and the youth.
All businesses who participate will be required to provide a Certificate of Liability Insurance adding CareerSource Broward as an additional insured.
All businesses must operate in Broward County and be in business for 2 or more years.
CareerSource Broward Summer Youth Employment Program is currently recruiting new worksites for Summer 2024. If your company is interested in hosting youth for the 2024 Summer Youth Employment Program, please complete the form below or contact Latema King, program manager, by email at email@example.com.
We currently cannot offer any type of remote work to the youth.
The Summer Youth Employment program is funded primarily by the Children's Services Council of Broward County, with additional funding provided by the City of Fort Lauderdale.