Board Agendas & Documents
Broward Workforce Development Board Inc. / CareerSource Broward Council of Elected Officials Meeting Schedule
- January 28
- February 25
- March 25
- April 22
- May 27
- June 24
- July 22
- August (no meeting)
- September 23
- October 28
- November (no meeting)
- December 9
All BWDB Inc. / CareerSource Broward Council of Elected Officials Partnership Meetings are scheduled at 12 noon via Zoom. The Zoom link can be found under "Public Meeting Notice".
2021 Broward Workforce Development Board, Inc. Employer Services Committee Meeting
Monday, May 3, 2021
Broward Workforce Development Board, Inc. OneStop Services Committee Meeting
Tuesday, May 4, 2021, 12:30 – 2:00 p.m.
Broward Workforce Development Board, Inc. Executive Committee Meeting
Monday, May 10, 2021
12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
|MONDAY MAY 3, 2021||BWDB EMPLOYER SERVICES COMMITTEE MEETING: 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CareerSource Broward - Zoom and Call-in: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85957177678?pwd=WnpWNTl3dXFaajdtMEdzT3U0eVlvdz09 Meeting ID: 859 5717 7678 Passcode: 632312 Call in: +1 646 876 9923 To discuss policies related to services provided to Broward County businesses.|
|TUESDAY MAY 4, 2021||BWDB ONE STOP SERVICES COMMITTEE MEETING: 12:30 p.m. – 2:00 p.m. CareerSource Broward - Zoom and Call-in: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/85347197348?pwd=SzRxZXI0bzczczVESjhuV1VGaUg2QT09 Meeting ID: 853 4719 7348 Passcode: 354548 Call in: +1 646 876 9923 To maximize employment|
|MONDAY MAY 10, 2021||BWDB EXECUTIVE COMMITTEE MEETING: 12:00 NOON – 1:30 p.m. CareerSource Broward - Zoom and Call-in: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/86002888108?pwd=dWtuNlRvUFpOSmUvbU51MDgxNUUyQT09 Meeting ID: 860 0288 8108 Passcode: 003164 Call in: +1 646 876 9923To discuss the oversight of all the functions.|
|THURSDAY MAY 27, 2021||BROWARD WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT BOARD (BWDB) PARTNERSHIP MEETING: 12:00 p.m. – 1:00 p.m. CareerSource Broward - Zoom and Call-in: https://us02web.zoom.us/j/84817821564?pwd=cWpVYmtHUjhCckgzZUVPbUcxTTZrUT09 Meeting ID: 848 1782 1564 Passcode: 807336 Call In: +1 646 876 9923 To discuss general workforce development and welfare reform business.|
Additions/deletions will be sent out on an updated meeting notice. For current meeting information, call
(954) 202-3830 or check our website: www.careersourcebroward.com.
PLEASE NOTE THE FOLLOWING COMMITTEE WILL NOT MEET IN MAY 2021:
STRATEGIC PLANNING, POLICY DEVELOPMENT, LEGISLATIVE ADVOCACY & REGIONALISM COMMITTEE
NOTE: An attendee may need to record a meeting if he/she intends to appeal a decision.
CareerSource Broward is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Florida Relay #711.
- BWDB Minutes: September 28, 2017
- BWDB Minutes: October 26, 2017
- BWDB Minutes: December 14, 2017
- BWDB Minutes: January 25, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: February 22, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: March 22, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: April 26, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: May 24, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: June 28, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: July 26, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: September 27, 2018
- CSBD Council of Elected Officials Minutes: October 4, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: October 25, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: December 13, 2018
- BWDB Minutes: January 24, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: February 28, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: April 25, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: May 23, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: June 27, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: July 25, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: September 26, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: October 24, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: December 12, 2019
- BWDB Minutes: February 27, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: April 23, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: May 28, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: June 25, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: July 23, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: September 24, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: October 22, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: December 10, 2020
- BWDB Minutes: February 25, 2021
The CareerSource Broward quarterly infograph reflects quarterly data collected throughout the year and contains an at-a-glance summary related to the number of customers and employers we have served, as well as previously held community outreach events and more. To view the latest infograph, click here.
CareerSource Broward Workforce Services Plan
The CareerSource Broward (CSBD) local Workforce Services Plan is a strategic planning document that sets its strategic direction for the next four years. It is aligned with CareerSource Florida’s network of business- and market-driven principles. It is based on CSBD strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats, presents a series of statements relating to its mission, vision and values, and illustrates proposed objectives to achieve its goals. To view the strategic plan, click here.
The CSBD Highlights video is a presentation outlining the various accomplishments of the BWDB, as presented at the annual board planning session. To view the 2020 CSBD Highlightis Video, click here.
BWDB Legislative Agenda
At the beginning of each calendar year, the BWDB and its administrative entity, CareerSource Broward, identify political, legislative, and other external concerns that could affect workforce development and/or its effectiveness. Subsequently, this information serves as the foundation of its federal and state legislative agendas. To view the 2021 BWDB State Legislative Agenda, click here.
To view our community 2021 partner legislative agendas, please click on those below:
- Broward County State Legislative and Executive Program
- Broward County Public Schools State Legislative Priorities
- Florida’s Public Technical College System Legislative Platform
- United Way of Broward County Consensus Legislative Agenda
- FL Restaurant & Lodging Association Legislative Priorities
- FL Regional Manufacturers Associations Draft Legislative Priorities
- Florida Children’s Council 2021 Legislative Priorities
The BWDB is supporting and monitoring the following specific items from our partner legislative agendas, which relate to workforce and economic development. To view, click here.
Six Pillars Broward Community Plan
In 2011, Broward County began the process of developing a strategic visioning plan through the year 2030, using the Six Pillars framework of the Florida Chamber Foundation as a strategic planning tool. More than 300 community volunteers from organizations throughout Broward County participated in the process, aligning community, government, economic development and education organizations toward common goals, which CareerSource Broward is a participant. To view the Six Pillars Broward Community Plan, click here.
BWDB members shall be appointed by the CSBD Council of Elected Officials in accordance with the requirements of federal and state laws governing the creation and appointment of local workforce boards. To view the bylaws, click here.
Master Agreement Compliance
Click here for information regarding documents referenced in the Master Agreement.