Summer Youth Employment Program
**ATTENTION: Please note that the application period for the 2021 Summer Youth Employment Program is now closed.**
The Summer Youth Employment Program (SYEP) provides Broward County students between the ages of 16 and 18 with paid employment between June and August. Selected youth work in a variety of clerical and assistant or aide roles with government agencies, libraries, community organizations, for-profits, nonprofits and more. SYEP, a program primarily funded by the Children’s Services Council of Broward County, is more than just a job. It is a true learning experience, with lessons about how to obtain a job, how to keep a job and how to become professional. This dynamic program is designed to prepare youth for the future workforce.
About the Summer Youth Employment Program
- The application period for the 2021 program year is now CLOSED.
- Selection is income based and on a first-come, first-served basis (random lottery)
- All participants selected will receive an eligibility packet in the mail
- Must be able to work in the United States
- Must be Broward County resident
- First-come, first-served basis
- Family income (economically disadvantaged)
- Must have valid and current identification
- How training will be delivered is still being considered.
- Training focuses on basic soft skills, with an emphasis on punctuality, dressing professional, communication, problem solving and teamwork
- Attendance is mandatory for all three days of training
Real Jobs & Real Work Experience
Does Your Business Need Help During The Summer?
Private and nonprofit businesses in Broward County can host a young adult at NO COST for the eight-week summer program, as both the Children's Services Council of Broward County and CSBD will cover the wages and associated program costs – a savings of nearly $3,000 per each youth hired.
At this time, CareerSource Broward is no longer recruiting employers to serve as worksites for summer 2021. If your company is interested in hosting a youth for the 2022 Summer Youth Employment Program, please contact Latema King, program manager, at (954) 202-3830, ext. 3021, or by email at email@example.com.
The Summer Youth Employment program is funded primarily by the Children's Services Council of Broward County, with additional funding provided by City of Fort Lauderdale, Broward County, and Bank of America.