Florida's Reemployment Assistance Program (Unemployment Claims)
CareerSource Broward Stands Ready To Assist!
Florida's Reemployment Assistance (RA) benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation, are available to Floridians who have been negatively impacted as a result of the ongoing coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible Floridians include individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own; laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period by their employer; are quarantined by a medical professional or a government agency; or caring for an immediate family member who is diagnosed with COVID-19. Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions before you begin your application process.
How Do I Apply
- Individuals can apply for reemployment assistance benefits by visiting the state's new user-friendly website at www.floridajobs.org/raapplication.
- You can also print an application online (available in English, Spanish and Creole) by clicking here.
- If you do not have access to a printer, copies of the application can be picked up at one of CareerSource Broward's three career center locations Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please note that paper applications may take longer to process than completing an online application. Paper applications can be mailed to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity P.O. Box 5350 Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
- FedEx is also offering Floridians the option to print and mail applications for Reemployment Assistance at locations throughout the state free of charge. Visit https://local.fedex.com/en-us/fl/ to find a participating location near you.
- RA benefits are administered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and NOT CareerSource Broward. For specific questions about unemployment benefits, call 1-800-204-2418
Get Help With Resetting Your CONNECT PIN
In an effort to support the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity with helping to fast track RA applications, CareerSource Broward is now assisting individuals with resetting their PIN numbers for the CONNECT website. If you need assistance with resetting your PIN number, please fill out the online form by clicking the orange box below, and a staff member will be in touch regarding your issue. For quality customer service, call-backs to customers who submit the online form submissions will occur in the order that they are first received.
Please note that CareerSource Broward is NOT the unemployment office. Should you have any specific questions regarding your application for reemployment assistance, contact the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity at 1-800-204-2418 or visit www.floridajobs.org/covid-19.