Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

Back to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)

How do I file my claims for unemployment compensation benefits?

Reemployment Assistance /Unemployment Benefits: (800) 204-2418 or

    How to File a Claim Online For Reemployment Assistance

    Go to to access the online system to file an RA Claim, claim your weeks or access frequently asked questions. The online system is available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. However, the online system is only available to claim weeks Monday – Saturday, 6:30 a.m. to 8 p.m. and Sunday 6:30 a.m. to 6 p.m.

    Before filing your claim online, gather the following information to assist you in completing the application.

    1. Your Social Security number
    2. The names, addresses and phone numbers of all your employers during the last 18 months.
    3. The dates you worked and total earnings from each employer.
    4. Driver’s License, State ID, Voter Registration number or other type of ID that could verify your identity.
    5. The name and local number of your labor union hall, if applicable
    6. If you are not a U.S. Citizen, your Alien Registration Number and work permit expiration date
    7. Your DD-214 form (if you were in the military within the last 2 years)
    8. Form SF-50 or for SF-8 and check stubs or W-2 proof of earnings (if you were a federal employee)

    You may call the RA Hotline to speak with an agent anytime from Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. at 1 (800) 204-2418. RA agents can provide information about filing a claim, claiming your weeks or obtaining information about your claim. Submit questions or comments regarding the RA program by accessing the Reemployment Assistance Contact Form online at All email inquiries will be responded to by an RA agent within 5 business days, either by email or telephone, based on your choice.