- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 627
- Date Posted: Mon, 9 Jan 2023 6:17am
- Employment Status: Temporary
- Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: $19 per hour
- Provide administrative support to SYEP staff by preparing correspondence and reports; creating and editing forms and spreadsheets; making phone calls; conducting research; assisting with the participant intake process; setting appointments and performing other clerical tasks as needed.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Monitor and evaluate job sites to ensure contractors are providing safe and secure work environments in compliance with their contracts.
- Provide technical assistance and guidance to contractors with regard to established rules, regulations and procedures especially with regard to child labor laws.
- Monitor and assist participants to ensure compliance with program rules, regulations and procedures.
- Distribute and collect biweekly participants’ time sheets ensuring they are accurately completed in accordance with CareerSource Broward policies and procedures and the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Provide guidance and counseling to participants as needed.
- Prepare a variety of weekly reports as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Program or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- Incumbent is under the direct supervision of the Program Manager for Summer Youth Employment Program. Areas of work are assigned and the incumbent must use independent judgment to determine how to best achieve the established objectives. The supervisor monitors the work.
- CareerSource Broward personnel rules, policies, and procedures, labor laws, workers’ compensation regulations, technical assistance guides and current best practices research is tools used by the incumbent.
A high school diploma or equivalent plus a minimum of one year of progressively responsible paid or volunteer experience working with older youth in a structured environment as well as human relations or counseling experience is required. A bachelor’s degree in education, social work or a related field is preferred.
Must be proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions. Individual must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have own vehicle.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.