- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 633
- Date Posted: Thu, 9 Mar 2023 9:23am
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: Negotiable
- Provide secretarial and administrative support to Executive Department personnel.
- Assist the President and other members of the Executive Department on a variety of projects.
- Disseminate work and provide guidance to the clerical staff.
- Serve as liaison between Executive Department and internal and external contacts. Answer routine questions and provide information as required.
- Compose, type, and edit a wide variety of correspondence and reports ensuring that all documentation is properly formatted and grammatically correct.
- Conduct a variety of research (legislative, economic development, etc.) via archives and Internet. May perform analysis based on research.
- Take minutes and transcribe a wide variety of material.
- Answer telephone calls and receive visitors. Direct callers and visitors to appropriate persons.
- Make appointments and maintain calendar and schedules for Executive Department personnel.
- Make travel arrangements and reservations.
- Coordinate and track expense reporting.
- Track continuing education credits and completes corresponding credentialing documents for several credentials for supervisor.
- Plan, coordinate and execute off-site meetings, monthly board meetings, executive board meetings, annual board planning session, and various committee meetings.
- Develop and maintain State and Federal contacts on behalf of department.
- Obtain various government reports, agendas, etc., as needed.
- Maintain and update master contact database of board and committee members, agency partners and other important contacts as designated.
- Maintain and update board members’ financial disclosure statements.
- Interact often with Board Members and government officials.
- Maintain departmental files and filing system
- Prepare a wide variety of reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Review all material for the President/CEO signature for accuracy.
- Act as a resource person for office equipment.
- Provide guidance for clerical and secretarial staff in the Executive Department.
- Provide technical assistance in the operation and maintenance of office equipment.
- Receive and record check payments submitted to CSBD.
- Open, sort, handle, and distribute mail.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Position requires a Bachelor’s degree plus eight years of secretarial and administrative experience. Experience providing administrative support to senior leadership preferred.
- Must be proficient and accurate in the use of office equipment such as a computer, calculator, telephones, copiers, etc. Intermediate to advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office products such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher and Outlook is required. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite is required.
- Good communications and interpersonal skills are necessary. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing and the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary.
- Position requires access to reliable transportation.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.