Help For Hospitality Workers
- Tenga en cuenta que esta página web se puede traducir haciendo clic en el botón Traducción de Google en la parte superior de la página.
- Veuillez noter que cette page Web peut être traduite en cliquant sur le bouton Google Traduction en haut de la page.
COVID-19 has impacted many aspects of the South Florida economy, including those who work or were employed in the hospitality industry. That's why CareerSource Broward has collaborated with several community and business partners to assist Broward County hospitality workers whose employment has been severely impacted by the pandemic. Below are a list of initiatives and services designed to help individuals get back to work and/or access support services.
Professional Support For Your Employment Needs
This short presentation provides an overview of CareerSource Broward’s services, including job placement assistance, online career success workshops, financial assistance for career training and education and more. To view the presentation, click here.
Are you looking to go back to school? To learn more about how you may qualify for a scholarship of up to $12,000 for in-demand career training, click here to watch a short video.
- Employ Florida (Flyer): Here’s a quick one-pager about the benefits of using Employ Florida: an online tool for job seekers: English | Spanish
- How to Use Employ Florida: To watch a short training video about how to use Employ Florida, click here.
- Employ Florida Step-By-Step Registration Guide: Need assistance with setting up your Employ Florida account? If so, check out our registration guide: English | Spanish
- Employ Florida: Résumé Builder Overview: To learn more about how to use the Résumé
Builder feature on Employ Florida, click here to watch a short video.
- Employ Florida: Virtual Recruiter: Virtual Recruiter allows you to receive automatic notifications of new job matches. To learn about how to set up a Virtual Recruiter on Employ Florida, click here to watch a short video.
- Employ Florida Mobile Application: Employ Florida Mobile is available on the App Store and on Google Play. To learn about how to how to login to your Employ Florida account using the application on your mobile device, click here: English | Spanish | French
Get A Temporary Job Fast!
Broward County Residents who have lost their job due to COVID-19 may be eligible to participate in a temporary work-based program that provides employment for up to 4 months. Available jobs include the following:
- Cleanup and sanitation activities at public facilities
- Moving, storing and distributing food, medicine and other supplies
- Assessing the needs and providing assistance to individuals affected by the pandemic
**Additional information about the employment program, including eligibility requirements and how to get started, can be found by clicking the button below.**
Reemployment Financial Assistance
Florida's Reemployment Assistance (RA) benefits, formerly known as unemployment compensation, are available to Floridians who have been negatively impacted as a result of the ongoing coronavirus COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible Floridians include individuals who have lost their job through no fault of their own; laid off or sent home without pay for an extended period by their employer; are quarantined by a medical professional or a government agency; or caring for an immediate family member who is diagnosed with COVID-19. Click here to view a list of frequently asked questions before you begin your application process.
How Do I Apply
- Individuals can apply for reemployment assistance benefits by visiting the state's new user-friendly website at www.floridajobs.org/raapplication.
- You can also print an application online (available in English, Spanish and Creole) by clicking here.
- If you do not have access to a printer, copies of the application can be picked up at one of CareerSource Broward's three career center locations Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- Please note that paper applications may take longer to process than completing an online application. Paper applications can be mailed to: Florida Department of Economic Opportunity P.O. Box 5350 Tallahassee, FL 32314-5350
- RA benefits are administered by the Florida Department of Economic Opportunity and NOT CareerSource Broward. For specific questions about unemployment benefits, call 1 (833) 352-7759.