Facing a Downsizing or Layoffs? We Have Your Business Covered!
CareerSource Broward's Employer Services staff coordinates assistance for Broward County’s employers and workers affected by temporary and permanent business layoffs through Rapid Response services. During these presentations, our team will come to your business and go over all of the resources and services available to your company and its affected workers. This is a valuable face-to-face opportunity to have with our team of dedicated professionals who can answer questions and help give some peace of mind and closure to you and your affected employees.
Topics covered during a typical Rapid Response session include:
- How to apply for re-employment assistance.
- Training opportunities through Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Setting up a LinkedIn account or other social media profiles.
- Professional development workshops for interviewing skills, resume writing, basic PC skills and more held at our career centers at NO COST.
- Upcoming job fairs and recruitment events.
Employers must meet the following elegibility requirments in order to receive Rapid Response Services.
- Must be a certified business in Broward County.
- Must have a minimum of ten (10) affected employees for CareerSource Broward staff to come onsite to your business.
- Additional presentations from community partners such as Florida KidCare, Consolidated Credit and the Employee Benefits Security Administration from the U.S. Department of Labor can also be arranged if requested.
Short Time Compensation Program For Employees
The Short Time Compensation Program is a voluntary employer program designed to help employers maintain their staff by reducing the weekly working hours during temporary slowdowns instead of temporarily laying off employees. This program can help employers retain their workforce in times of temporary slowdown by encouraging work-sharing as an alternative to layoff.
The program permits pro-rated reemployment assistance benefits to employees whose work hours and earnings are reduced as part of a Short Time Compensation plan to avoid total layoff of some employees. Click here for more information.
Contact Us Today!
Want more information about our outplacement services? For questions about our Rapid Response services and additional programs, please contact Bonni Smith at (954) 609-7969 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.