- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 593
- Date Posted: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 2:28pm
- Employment Status: Part-Time
- Salary: $35.00 per hour
- Assist with the recruitment and site matching of the classroom instructors for Employability Skills Training.
- Track instructor attendance, coordinate, and distribute invoices and contracts for each instructor. Ensure instructors complete Instructor training.
- Review and provide input on the update of employability skills curriculum as needed.
- Preparation all materials needed for all of the training/orientation including the creating the PowerPoint for supervisor and monitor orientations.
- Provide instruction for SYEP instructors and worksite monitors on responsibilities for the three day employability skills training.
- Provide training to Site Supervisors on their roles and interactions with the worksite monitors and youth over the course of the SYEP.
- Coordinate and provide oversight for the three day Employability Skills Training for SYEP youth to ensure appropriate delivery of training, collection of time sheets, distribution, and completion of the Pre-test and accurate documentation of youth and staff attendance and participation.
- Conduct site visits at schools in preparation for Employability Skills Training and ensure appropriate set up of classrooms at each school/training site in collaboration with SYEP Community Liaison.
- Supervise the leads and facilitators/instructors at each school/training site and monitor classroom activities.
- Establish and maintain a classroom atmosphere that generates high expectations and enthusiasm for learning by infusing critical thinking skills, application skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Serve as Liaison to CSBD Program Leaders
- Attend various meetings with CSBD and other staff to prepare for and close-out related program activities.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by focusing on continuous improvement activities.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A Bachelor’s degree in education, social science or a related field is required. Incumbent must have a minimum of three years of experience teaching in a classroom setting, preferably with high school aged students. Current FL Teacher certification preferred. Additional experience in a social services, governmental and/or business related environment is a plus. A relevant combination of experience and specialized training may be substituted for the degree. Background and expertise with career coaching, human resources and/or recruitment is a plus.
Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong presentation, oral and written communication and customer service skills. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research, including knowledge of social media.