- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 606
- Date Posted: Fri, 5 Mar 2021 10:00am
- Employment Status: Temporary - up to 37.5 hours per week
- Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: $17.51 hourly
- Assist in the preparation of contracts, reports and other Summer Youth Employment Program documents as needed.
- Mail, fax, or arrange for delivery of legal correspondence to employers, funders, and agency staff.
- Organize, maintain, and file various documents related to the Summer Youth Program.
- Assist attorney in collecting information such as employment, medical, and other records.
- Attend meetings and take notes.
- Draft and type memos related to Summer Youth Employment Program.
- Gather and analyze research data, such as statutes, decisions, and legal articles, codes, and documents.
- Track and handle responses related to program worksites, insurance, and staffing needs for program participants.
- File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Enter and monitor time sheets, e-mail and legal correspondence.
- Compile and maintain files for workers’ compensation claims, subpoenas, related to the program.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email as assigned
- Receive and place telephone calls.
- Make photocopies of correspondence, document, and other printed matter.
- Perform general office duties such as assisting with ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic record keeping work.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Program or CareerSource Broward (CSBD) as an organization.
A high school diploma or equivalent plus three years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience with at least one year in the legal field is preferred. Paralegals, law students and/or college graduates with legal education and experience preferred.
Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data. Incumbent must also possess the ability to : establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; effectively communicate orally and in writing; prioritize work; perform many tasks in a short time frame; follow oral and written instructions.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.