- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 620
- Date Posted: Mon, 18 Jul 2022 3:52pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: Minimum starting salary $68,000
- Serve as the lead for the QA Department when the Vice President of Quality Assurance is out of the office.
- Research grants appropriate to support the agency’s mission; lead collaborative grant writing teams, represents CSBD on collaborative grant applications and, serves as the lead writer for agency grants. Develops, coordinates, and assists with the implementation of grants for the QA Department.
- Assist with reviewing agency Request for Proposals (RFPs) and developing respective rating forms, including assessing RFP applications submitted by prospective vendors and facilitating RFP rating panels, when needed and maintaining related-procurement documentation for the agency.
- Develops memos and materials, and researches information for the Board’s Strategic Planning Committee.
- Serve as CSBD’s Equal Employment Opportunity Officer and Chief Ethics Officer, and conducts annual Disability Etiquette and Ethics training to staff.
- Ensures periodic reports are received by CSBD career centers regarding the operation of assistive technology and serve as the back-up for the One-Stop Operator to conduct center ADA compliance reviews.
- Conduct program research seeking out innovative and best practices for employment and training programs and labor market information.
- Obtain, monitor, and analyze system-wide customer service and performance management data to develop process improvements and make recommendations for systematic change.
- Serve as lead staff on development and implementation of agency-wide survey management system, spearheading customer satisfaction data collection, survey development and administration, along with quality improvement projects based on results.
- Manage policy review process to ensure periodic review and updates of organizational policies to ensure procedural compliance in all areas of agency operations. Write policies as needed.
- Provide technical assistance to operational and executive personnel in planning and assessing programs and other CareerSource Broward (CSBD) activities.
- Assist in the resolution of customer service issues, collection of data for the preparation of QA reports, including analyzing, trending, developing and implementing corrective action strategies.
- Plan, facilitate and coordinate strategic planning activities for the staff and board planning sessions, including collecting information and data to support the events followed by developing reports, memos, and action plans.
- Develop draft annual strategic planning matrices for each board committee and coordinate and serves as lead to conduct updates to the agency’s 4-Year Local Workforce Services Plan.
- Assist organization to support timely compliance with quality assurance protocols, including follow up with DEO regarding their QA program monitoring.
- Assist the Program Managers with resolving findings and observations by external program monitors and identify effective corrective actions for those unresolved.
- Identify programmatic and operational trends and recommend options for improvement.
- Update existing publications, reports, lists, plans, maps and other documents, as needed.
- Write plans and agendas for CSBD activities; plan and conduct trainings and coordinate/attend various community meetings.
- Assist with the implementation and annual review of the CSBD Quality Assurance Plan, data collection, and internal Quality Assurance program monitoring and reporting.
- Develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of state and federal workforce development performance measures. Read and review periodic literature such as the Federal Register, STW Reporter, etc.
- Evaluate quality management systems to ensure accuracy and completeness with regard to federal and state programmatic and operational requirements.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CSBD as an organization.
A Bachelor’s degree in business administration, social work or a related field plus a minimum of five (5) years relevant work experience in public or private sector is required. A minimum of two (2) years of grant writing experience is preferred.
Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Incumbent must have prior experience achieving excellence, demonstrating continuous quality improvement and have quantitative data to support achievement. Must possess good presentation and public speaking skills. Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently and achieving assigned tasks are required. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the internet to conduct research and obtain data.
Prior experience working with preparing agendas, facilitating meetings, taking and disseminating meeting minutes and ensuring that committee action items are is also preferred. Requires knowledge of social services, community resources and experience developing grant applications from conceptualization to submission. The ability to analyze data, draw valid conclusions, problem solve and understand complex situations is essential.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.