- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 610
- Date Posted: Fri, 30 Jul 2021 5:51am
- Employment Status: Full- time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: $72,000-$77,000 (Hiring range)
- Collect and analyze financial, political and socioeconomic data and research trends to evaluate political, economic and other issues that impact workforce development, programs, and agency services being provided.
- Assist the President and Executive VP in following up on the delegation of assignments and reports back regularly on assignment progression.
- Develop reports and presentations to communicate for agency leadership and staff.
- Present research results in a variety as required.
- Serve as a sounding board for various initiatives and champion the organizations decisions.
- Analyze program and performance data and develop/present recommendations as needed.
- Keep up to date on the latest economic and governmental policy issues that influence workforce development and agency operations.
- Track progress on project plans as assigned.
- Prepare emails, letters and other correspondence on behalf of the president.
- Facilitate the flow of information to the President/CEO and follow-up on assignments as directed by the President/CEO.
- Serve as liaison to the President to coordinate projects and information as needed.
- Analyze systems and recommend strategies to improve and enhance performance.
- Attend meetings representing the President/CEO and/or CSBD to outside organizations, as assigned.
- Participate in agency’s strategic planning processes.
- Communicate with co-workers, management, staff, clients, the general public, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
A master’s degree in economics, business administration, social sciences, or related field is required, with two years of experience planning, conducting and analyzing research with advanced writing skills. Knowledge of workforce development and/or social services systems and familiarity with local economic conditions and social service agencies are necessary. A relevant combination specialized training may be substituted for some of the experience requirements.
Incumbent must have strong oral and written communication skills as the position requires significant report writing and public speaking responsibilities. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the
ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
Must have a detail oriented attitude; possess analytical skills, critical thinking skills, extensive presentation design skills; the ability to create reliable reports; ability to juggle multiple projects at once and be capable of working alone or in a team. Must be able to review data, observe patterns, and draw logical conclusions.
Position requires in-depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced analysis; to problem solve and understand complex situations; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public; are also required.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.