- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 622
- Date Posted: Fri, 21 Oct 2022 6:47pm
- Employment Status: Full Time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: $54,200 to $58,000 hiring range depending on experience
- Oversee and manage the administrative functions of assigned program in accordance with local, State and Federal guidelines.
- Provide technical assistance, consultation, and expert guidance to staff, review files, and maintain on-going communications with program staff, to assist them in meeting or exceeding local and State performance measures.
- Monitor and review the activities of program staff and participants and implement policies and procedures designed to ensure that programs are in compliance with local, State and Federal guidelines, and meeting established goals. Provide analysis and recommendations to make changes as needed.
- Serve as liaison between CSBD and the federal, state, and local entities responsible for monitoring program performance.
- Provide written corrective action when necessary.
- Monitor and evaluate progress on performance standards. Prepare gap analyses for program and organizational leadership. Recommend strategies to improve and enhance performance. Analyze systems and make continuous improvement recommendations so staff can assist customers to achieve desired program outcomes.
- Represent CSBD in investigating and resolving client issues and other matters of significance and represent the agency in handling complaints, arbitrating disputes and resolving grievances associated with assigned program providers.
- Develop expertise in and serve as subject matter expert for the WIOA Program. Stay abreast of changes in assigned subject matter and provide assistance regarding your expertise to CSBD employees and CSBD career center staff as needed.
- Serve as liaison between CSBD and the federal, state and local entities responsible for administering the funded programs and grants.
- Coordinate program activities with other support services agencies in the county.
- Prepare a variety of weekly, monthly, annual, and biannual reports as required.
- Analyze data generated by the State MIS Systems
- Provide information regarding program requirements, reporting requirements, policies, procedures, changes, form requirements, and other information.
- Research programmatic issues as necessary.
- Attend meetings representing CSBD to outside organizations, agencies, and the media.
- Attend a wide variety of agency internal meetings.
- Review and analyze requests proposals, make recommendations and assist with the contract negotiations and contract renewals processes.
- Coordinate activities with other CSBD departments as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, the general public, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
A Bachelor's degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is preferred. Two years of program management, job counseling, social work, or relevant experience developing, coordinating and processing systems are necessary. A relevant combination of experience and specialized training may be substituted for the bachelor’s degree.
Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills as the position requires significant report writing and public speaking responsibilities. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data. Individual must their own transportation to travel from site to site.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.