- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 623
- Date Posted: Tue, 8 Nov 2022 11:20am
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: Commensurate with experience.
- Ensure the accurate and timely processing of employee and participant paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computer.
- Compile employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Review time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Verify employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, increases, insurance changes, deferred compensation deductions, resignations, and other data in order to maintain and update payroll records.
- Process adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process.
- Prepare all payroll related disbursements including payroll checks, direct deposit vouchers, tax deposits, and all authorized deductions.
- Transmit direct deposit data.
- Prepare and enter payroll related journal entries.
- Prepare periodic reports such as tax data, reconciliation reports, journal entries, etc. for Fiscal Department as needed.
- Research and report on payroll related information as required.
- Respond to inquiries regarding payroll, social security, etc.
- Maintain adequate separation of duties as designated by the Sr. Vice President of Finance and/or stipulated by internal control processes.
- Assist in the contract payment process by reviewing and analyzing assigned contracts and contract invoices.
- Identify discrepancies between contracts and corresponding invoices.
- Resolve discrepancies and approve invoices for payment.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions for internal controls.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes
- Serve as back-up to assist with Account Payable duties, as necessary.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus two years of payroll or bookkeeping experience are required.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and Accounts Payable functions and practice required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Excel skills.
- Must be able to efficiently operate a calculator/adding machine.
- Must possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases; and the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; and must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- The ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions effectively are also required.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.