Fiscal Assistant (Payroll) - Summer Youth Employment Program
- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 634
- Date Posted: Mon, 3 Apr 2023 4:17pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hour per week)
- Exemption Status: Non- Exempt
- Salary: $19.00 per hour
- Processing employee and participant paychecks and statements of earnings and deductions.
- Computing wages and deductions, and entering data into computer.
- Compiling employee time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Reviewing time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Verifying attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and posting information onto designated records.
- Verifying employee information, such as exemptions and other data in order to maintain and update payroll records.
- Processing adjustments to pay related to previous errors or changes.
- Coordinate and track expense reporting related to program.
- Prepare a variety of reports for program staff and funding entity.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Program or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus two years of payroll or bookkeeping experience are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Excel skills.
- Must be able to efficiently operate a calculator/adding machine.
- Must possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases; and the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Must be able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; and must be able to effectively communicate orally and in writing.
- The ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions effectively are also required.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request, to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.