- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 608
- Date Posted: Mon, 8 Mar 2021 2:44pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: $53,362-$55,000 Hiring range
- Acquire and maintain in-depth knowledge of state and federal database systems that interrelate with the CareerSource Broward systems to best understand capabilities of the systems and potential data analysis issues.
- Work with CareerSource Broward department heads and other end users to identify data elements required for analysis of issues/problems for root cause identification and trend analysis. Develop and maintain additional reporting systems for the Operations & QA Departments’ data analyses.
- Create custom queries utilizing T-SQL or Microsoft Power BI capable of pulling reports and data from various state and local level databases.
- Provide on-going technical assistance, consultation, and expert guidance to program staff to assist them in interpreting program performance against State performance measures. This may include service as necessary as a local technical or security administrator for both internal and state-owned database applications and other Management Information Systems.
- Devise methods and procedures for collecting and processing data such as program performance, labor market information, occupational forecasting, and demographic data.
- Develop guidelines and standards in preparing points of view used in forecasting trends.
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate systems, goals and performance standards in collaboration with Program Managers and Quality Assurance Staff. to prepare gap analyses for staff and contractor review. Recommend strategies to improve and enhance performance.
- Analyze internal and external monitoring reports for improvement opportunities and assists in the development, review and submission of Corrective Action Plans (CAP).
- Serve as point of contact for labor market data acquisition initiatives, performance analysis projects and ROI studies.
- Design practical, user friendly reporting formats (i.e. tables, charts, graphs visually depicting data) and interpret, through written and verbal reports, key data regarding system production and performance, outcome trending, customer utilization and market penetration.
- Obtain state customer satisfaction information and provide independent analyses and reports for comparative review.
- Provide program statistics and other related data to assist in the development of RFPs as well as funding requests and related solicitations.
- Keep up-to-date on changing laws as they apply to programs administered by CareerSource Broward.
- Prepare relevant materials and recommendations for presentation to Board, committees, key staff and community partners as requested.
- Monitor changes to data dictionaries for external systems and develop new data dictionaries for internal systems.
- Assist in identifying and ensuring that issues regarding data integrity of primary systems are investigated and addressed.
- Train staff and contractors on the use of primary systems as needed.
- Participate in initial development of grants to ensure system capacity to track such grants.
- Attend State and Federal Information Systems User Groups meetings as appropriate.
- Strive to achieve highest level of customer satisfaction, including internal customers, participants, and contractor customers. Identify opportunities and recommend actions for continuous improvement in all activities.
- Attend wide variety of internal agency meetings and meetings outside organizations, representing CareerSource Broward to as directed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, the general public, and others in a courteous and professional manner. Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary, for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
A Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college in Business Administration, Management Information Systems or a closely related field plus two years experience working with databases, data fields and data reporting tools.
Ability to create custom queries utilizing T-SQL or Microsoft Power BI required. Additional qualifying education and/or experience which provide the necessary knowledge, skills, and abilities may be substituted one for the other on a year-for-year basis.
Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills. Knowledge of various software programs including Microsoft applications is required. Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications including extensive Word and Excel skills; possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research.
Applicants should have working knowledge of federally and state funded workforce programs. Position requires the ability to analyze data, problem solve and understand complex situations; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public. Good presentation and public speaking skills and familiarity with local economic conditions are also required.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information click on our E-Verify website.
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.