- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 592
- Date Posted: Fri, 7 Feb 2020 2:17pm
- Employment Status: Temporary
- Salary: 17.51 per hour
- Manage and maintain department monthly and annual calendar ensuring that all items on calendar are completed.
- Prepare invoices, reports, memos, letters, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute incoming correspondence, including faxes and email.
- File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic bookkeeping work.
- Research, and prepare reports and analysis for director and other department staff.
- Answer routine Human Resources questions and provide information as required to employees, applicants, and the general public.
- Prepare and process incoming invoices from insurance carriers.
- Assist Vice President of Human Resources in scheduling and coordinating staff workshops.
- Prepare, post and advertise job openings. Coordinate screening and interviewing panels. Arrange interview schedules.
- Establish and maintain position and register files.
- Conduct background checks, references checks and other pre-employment screening as required.
- Notify job applicants of their selection/non selection for employment.
- Process all paperwork for newly hired employees. Forward relevant new hire information to various insurance carriers and the State.
- Process, record and update data in the HR Database for each employee, including such information as addresses, weekly earnings, absences, supervisory reports on performance, and dates of and reasons for terminations. Forward relevant benefits changes to the appropriate insurance carriers.
- Assist with the annual open enrollment process.
- Process all paperwork for terminated employees. Forward relevant cancellation information to various insurance carriers.
- Disseminate staff evaluations to the appropriate supervisors prior to the evaluation due date. Track and process salary increases and evaluations.
- Process all deferred compensation plan documentation including enrollment, emergency and withdrawal functions.
- Provide assistance in administering employee benefit programs and worker's compensation plans including reporting injuries.
- Disseminate and process all COBRA correspondence. Collect COBRA payments and maintain corresponding logs.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Serve as primary key-holder for the HR Department in facilitating Fiscal Department’s the check signing process. Process includes: monitoring the signing of checks on the check signing machine, noting beginning and ending check numbers in the check signing log and signing the check signing report confirming the printing of the check series. Also responsible to update HR Department’s Check-Run Monitor log.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes. Perform other duties as assigned.
A high school diploma or equivalent plus three years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience are required. Prior experience working in human resources is preferred.
Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data. The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.