- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 644
- Date Posted: Fri, 17 Nov 2023 5:04pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: up to $45,000 per year
- Provide frontline technical support to entire CSBD staff and providers’ staff computer system infrastructure by utilizing the Information Technology Track It system to organize and coordinate all helpdesk issues.
- Answer users' inquiries regarding computer software and hardware operation to resolve problems.
- Observe system functionality to verify correct operations and detect errors.
- Install and perform minor repairs to hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, following design or installation specifications.
- Set up equipment for end users, performing or ensuring proper installation of cable, operating systems, and appropriate software.
- Maintain record of daily data communication transactions, problems and remedial action taken, and installation activities by utilizing the Track It system.
- Read technical manuals, confer with users, and conduct computer diagnostics to investigate and resolve problems and to provide technical assistance and support.
- Utilize troubleshooting abilities to resolve network related problems and ensure connectivity.
- Assist end-users in optimal utilization of Microsoft Office Suite and similar office products.
- Utilize Symantec Ghost or other similar imaging products to re-image computer systems.
- Document commonly used procedures and policies as related to the position.
- Incumbent must be able to lift a minimum of 20 lbs and work in sometimes awkward positions in order to install and fix computer and network equipment
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- An Associate’s degree in computer technology plus a minimum of one year experience working with hardware, software and peripherals in networked environment is required.
- Incumbent must have prior experience troubleshooting in a Microsoft Windows environment.
- Experience with remote control programs such as PCAnywhere, LANDesk, and RAdmin is beneficial.
- Familiarity with network functionality such as network switches, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Internet connectivity. Experience working with Microsoft Office Suite 2010, including Microsoft Outlook, and Windows 7 & 8 is required.
- Incumbent must be able to lift a minimum of 20 pounds and work in sometimes awkward positions in order to install and fix computer systems.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame is necessary; and the ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Individual must have access to reliable transportation for travel to other work locations as needed.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/ All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.