- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 639
- Date Posted: Thu, 10 Aug 2023 5:25pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Non-Exempt
- Salary: Up to $25 per hour depending on education and experience
- Provide program follow-up, reporting and guidance to the SYEP staff in the absence of the Program Manager.
- Conduct site and employer visits as assigned by the Program Manager, documenting outcomes and making recommendations regarding employer participation.
- Maintain program records on contractors in accordance with local, State and Federal guidelines. Update and maintain reports and databases to track needed information. File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Serve as a community contact and administrative support for Summer Youth Program operations. Provide information to community (parents, employers, participants and others), regarding program and requirements, policies, procedures, changes, forms, and other information as needed.
- Assist with registration, provide follow-up on identified worksites and in coordinating worksite placements for Summer Youth Program. Provide administrative support during the job development process as needed.
- Prepare responses to correspondence, inquiries, complaints, and information requests as needed. Prepare and assist in the preparation of a variety of reports as required, including reports for funding source.
- Assist with client issues, complaints, and assist in resolving grievances associated with assigned program providers. Provide follow-up on program issues as assigned and report and document outcomes.
- Provide information and assistance to various CareerSource Broward (CSBD) and provider groups regarding the Summer Youth program.
- Provide general administrative support to the Summer Youth Program Manager and Department Head in relation to all facets of the Summer Youth Employment Program.
- Follow-up with Worksite Monitors regarding employer and youth issues as directed by Program Manager.
- Report to Program Manager on employer site issues as they arise and ensure compliance with contracts and federal, state and local regulations.
- Track youth participation in the program and ensure that all youth in the SYEP have completed the necessary documentation and requirements prior to placement on worksites.
- Assist in the coordination of program activities for the SYEP program components with other support services agencies in the county.
- Perform research on youth service issues as needed.
- Assist/coordinate activities with other CSBD departments and staff as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on improving customer service within the Summer Youth Program.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, the general public, and others in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- This is a grant-funded position and is subject to the terms and duration of the grant for the Summer Youth Program.
- An Associates Degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is preferred. One year of counseling, social work or relevant experience providing community outreach and administrative support to individuals coordinating and implementing programs is necessary.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills.
- Incumbent must have prior experience achieving excellence and demonstrating continuous improvement.
- Strong ability and demonstrated experience in balancing multiple priorities, meeting deadlines, working independently and as part of a team to achieve assigned tasks are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- Effective oral and written communication; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public are required.
- Requires the ability to analyze data, problem solve and understand complex situations and prepare reports.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.