- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 621
- Date Posted: Wed, 8 Feb 2023 1:00pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: Minimum starting salary depends on experience
- Implement media relations programs to strengthen and maintain relationships with key media; writing interesting and effective press releases; prepare media kits, and develop and maintain applicable company Internet and Intranet web pages.
- Assist in: a) promoting CSBD information and events to the news media and other internal/external audiences; b) pitching stories to various media outlets; c) preparing and distribute supporting press materials; d) organizing media coverage of major announcements and initiatives; e) quickly responding to inquiries and interview requests from reporters, producers, and the general public; f) planning and managing high-level projects, events, and campaigns that will generate increased visibility for CSBD in the news media; and g) interacting with journalists on a regular basis, cultivating relationships with key reporters.
- Manage social media activities for the agency including ensuring active/high visibility presence on major sites such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn etc.
- Prepare and analyze various monthly, quarterly, and annual reports.
- Monitor and track all agency marketing initiatives. This includes designing creative elements, writing ad/promotional copy, managing media buys, tracking responses and evaluating effectiveness. Work with staff to ensure that marketing materials maintain agency quality and consistency standards (this includes any information to be consumed by the public).
- Serve as the department’s lead with administering the agency’s public information program and respond to inquiries from a wide variety of individuals, groups, organizations, and governmental entities.
- Supervise the Communications Specialist and Multi-Media Design and Marketing Specialist.
- Assist in maintaining the agency’s corporate image and identity, which includes the use of logos and signage.
- Work with vendors and internal staff on the design and installation of signage and CSBD imagery in the career centers and administrative office.
- Assist with the preparation and distribution of marketing and informational collateral (e.g., brochures, web pages, reports, press releases, posters, public service announcements, videos, presentations, news articles, etc.). This includes designing, writing, editing, and preparing final artwork for print (if applicable).
- Implement marketing and communication strategies for the various departments approved by agency leadership.
- Under the direction of the VP of Communications & Business Relations, consult with executives and department heads to aid in determining communications/marketing needs.
- Assist in the drafting of speeches and other forms of external communication for agency leadership and arrange interviews and other forms of contact on their behalf.
- Assist in providing information and guidance to agency leadership and staff on communications, marketing and public relations issues, and projects (e.g., crisis communications, talking points for media etc.)
- Assist with managing projects with outside vendors (printers, sign shops, specialty advertising vendors, media outlets, etc.) that develop and implement communication strategies and information programs on behalf of the organization.
- Manage the preparation and distribution of marketing and informational collateral (e.g., brochures, web pages, reports, press releases, posters, public service announcements, videos, presentations, news articles, etc.).
- Prepare presentations to the community, the Board, executives, internal staff or provider agency audiences.
- Assist in identifying target audiences and determine the most effective ways to communicate information to them.
- Manage special events such as press conferences, trade shows, conferences, sponsorship events, training classes, etc.
- Learn about and monitor all federal and state policies and regulations regarding relevant workforce development legislation and programs.
- Under the direction of agency leadership, initiate market research and analyze respective results to help determine possible service offerings or marketing channels. Monitor consumer, marketing, social, and political trends that might affect the agency or its partners.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Assist with the creation and execution of various customer surveys.
- Provide ongoing supervision, support, training, guidance, and evaluation of direct reports as needed.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CSBD as an organization.
A Bachelor’s degree in public relations, marketing, advertising or a related field, plus a minimum of three years’ experience in administering media relations and marketing programs and initiatives is required. Proficiency with social media is required. Experience with graphic design software including Adobe, Photoshop, InDesign etc., is preferred. Must be adept at capturing and concisely presenting information in an effective manner (e.g., PowerPoint, info-graph, video etc.) to target audiences ranging from the general public to organizational leaders.
Proficiency and experience in Associated Press (AP) writing style is preferred.
Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data. The ability to analyze data, draw valid conclusions, problem solve and understand complex situations is required. The ability to deal effectively with elected officials, board members, public/private employers, providers and staff is required. The ability to effectively apply customer service techniques; marketing techniques, outstanding public speaking techniques; interpersonal communication techniques; knowledge of economic trends; and knowledge of creative written communication is required.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.