- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 643
- Date Posted: Mon, 30 Oct 2023 12:15pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: Up to $50,000 per year (Hiring range)
- Serve as the point of contact for the SYEP Program in the absence of the Program Manager and/or as assigned.
- Assist with assigned administrative functions of the SYEP ensuring that program objectives and outcomes are met.
- Participate in the recruitment and selection process to hire needed program staff, including but not limited to serving as a screener and on interview panels with regard to all SYEP and other agency positions.
- Assist with supervising and overseeing other SYEP staff as assigned, ensuring compliance with CareerSource Broward (CSBD) policies and procedures.
- Maintain and update operations manuals including but not limited to the site supervisors’ manual and the participant's handbook.
Provide outreach to community agencies, secondary/post-secondary schools, and other organizations throughout Broward County to identify youth who may be interested in the SYEP.
- Conduct outreach and recruitment activities to employers as assigned, to establish worksites and increase opportunities for youth in the program.
- Assist with the assessment and resolution of operational and personnel issues in conjunction with the Program Manager and other CSBD staff.
- Review program documents as assigned, including participant files to ensure compliance with relevant rules, regulations, and guidelines.
- Assist with the matching process.
- Oversee the E-verify process for youth and instructors
- Provide ongoing technical assistance, consultation, and expert advice to contractors (worksites) to assist them in meeting or exceeding established goals.
- Conduct contractor site visits with assigned worksites. Provide training and technical assistance, and maintain ongoing communications with contractors.
- Verify that contractors are in compliance with contracts.
- Assist with coordination and training of staff and worksite supervisors.
- Conduct the worksite supervisor training
- Assist in the preparation and monitoring of the SYEP budget.
- Assist with registration of assigned worksites and in coordinating worksite placements for the Summer Youth Program.
- Oversee the background check process of all youth in the Summer Youth Program.
- Assist with client issues and complaints and resolve grievances associated with assigned program providers. Provide follow-up on program issues as assigned and report and document outcomes.
- Perform research on youth service issues as needed.
- Provide information and assistance to various CareerSource Broward (CSBD) and provider groups regarding the Summer Youth program.
- Prepare weekly and monthly reports as required and respond to correspondence, inquiries, complaints, and information requests as needed
- Participate in the agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate courteously and professionally with coworkers, management, staff, clients, the general public, and others.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Contact all employers by email and phone call regarding job orders and update correspondence as necessary.
- Incumbent may be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CSBD as an organization.
- A Bachelor's degree in business administration, social sciences, or related field is required.
- Two years of experience managing and/or facilitating registered apprenticeship programs or relevant workforce system experience is necessary.
- In-depth knowledge of WIOA regulations and laws as well as knowledge of effective business-to-business practices are a plus.
- Incumbent must be experienced in and demonstrate strong oral and written communication skills since the position requires significant report writing responsibilities.
- Effective presentation and public speaking skill are also required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to analyze data, problem solve and understand complex situations; the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels and the general public are required.
- Familiarity with local economic conditions, social service agencies, and geography are required.
- Individual must possess a valid Florida driver’s license and have access to reliable transportation.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.