- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 599
- Date Posted: Thu, 5 Nov 2020 5:50pm
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Non- Exempt
- Salary: $17-$18 per hour
- Prepare memos, letters, purchase orders, check requests, and other documents, using word processing, spreadsheet, database, and/or presentation software.
- Prepare agendas, take and transcribe minutes, and make arrangements for committee and other meetings.
- Assist with coordination, review and processing of On-the-Job-Training (OJT) documentation for implementation of OJT contracts.
- Read and analyze incoming memos, submissions, and reports in order to determine their significance and plan their distribution.
- Open, sort, and distribute correspondence, including faxes and email. Prepare responses to correspondence containing routine inquiries.
- File and retrieve agency documents, records, and reports.
- Perform general office duties such as ordering supplies, maintaining records management systems, and performing basic tracking of activities.
- Make travel arrangements and reservations as requested. Coordinate and track expense reporting; prepare mileage reimbursement requests as needed.
- Serve as a point of contact for the Department for receiving and documenting requests from staff in the field, and various internal and external customers.
- Prepare and follow-up on department purchase requests including business cards orders and various printing projects. Ensure invoices received by the Department are submitted timely for payment.
- Serve as the Front Desk Receptionist back-up for scheduled relief periods.
- Operate office equipment such as fax machines, copiers, and phone systems, and use computers for spreadsheet, word processing, database management, and other applications.
- Set up and maintain paper and electronic filing systems for records, correspondence, and other material.
- Coordinate and prepare for various internal and external meetings. Reserve meeting rooms as needed.
- Complete forms in accordance with agency procedures.
- Make copies of correspondence and other printed material.
- Compose, type, and/or distribute meeting notes, routine correspondence, and reports as requested.
- Answer routine questions for internal and external callers and provide information as needed.
- Maintain and update the departments’ schedule using Microsoft Outlook calendar.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CareerSource Broward as an organization.
- A high school diploma or equivalent plus three years of progressively responsible secretarial and administrative experience are required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to: establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; effectively communicate orally and in writing; prioritize work; perform many tasks in a short time frame; and follow oral and written instructions are required.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
A valid governmentally issued photo I.D. is required at the time of selection for interview.