- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 618
- Date Posted: Fri, 8 Apr 2022 11:20am
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Non-exempt
- Salary: $40,000-$56,114
- Prepare payment request forms and identify the appropriate grant to be charged. Prepare check requisitions
- Review invoices submitted for payment to ensure proper GL Coding; approval in accordance with CSBD’s Policies and Authorization Matrix.
- Reconcile that accounts payable ledger to ensure that all bills and payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Verify and investigate discrepancies, if any, by reconciling vendor accounts and monthly vendor statements.
- Generate reports detailing account payables status.
- Understand expense and liability accounts and funds.
- Understand compliance around account payables processes (W-9, 1099, sales tax, unallowable costs).
- Assist other CSBD staff in monitoring expenses, resolving problems, conducting research and following up.
- Process and assist CSBD staff with OJT & ITA purchasing procedures.
- Respond to monitoring and audit requests and/or findings regarding Account Payable, OJT and ITA programs as requested by management.
- Prepare correspondence, reports, invoices, and other paperwork. Ensure that grammar, punctuation; spelling, and format are correct and appropriate.
- Fax material as directed.
- Communicate with vendors to insure the quality and continuity of services to CSBD participants.
- Provide technical assistance to Finance Department personnel and other staff as needed.
- Prepare a variety of reports periodically, as needed.
- Coordinate and provide as needed, staff training on assigned processes and procedures
- Interact with vendors to insure the quality and continuity of services to CSBD participants.
- Maintain adequate separation of duties as designated by Senior Vice President and/or stipulated by internal control processes.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Assist in the writing and updating of policies, forms, and other Finance documents.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Incumbent may be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CSBD as an organization.
A high school diploma or equivalent plus three years of progressively responsible bookkeeping and/or, accounts payable and administrative experience in a financial setting are required. Associates degree in Accounting preferred. One year of experience working in the workforce development arena preferred.
Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications, possess extensive Word and Excel skills, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data. Incumbent must also possess the ability to : establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; effectively communicate orally and in writing; prioritize work; perform many tasks in a short time frame; follow oral and written instructions.
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.