- Department: Operations
- Location: CareerSource Broward 2890 W. Cypress Creek Rd., Ft. Lauderdale, FL 33309
- Job Code: 637
- Date Posted: Fri, 28 Jul 2023 10:55am
- Employment Status: Full-time (37.5 hours per week)
- Exemption Status: Exempt
- Salary: Position hiring range $48,400 to $54,000 depending on education and experience.
- Review, analyze and perform in-house payroll processing function for assigned payroll groups.
- Compile employee and participant time, production, and payroll data from time sheets and other records.
- Review contract provider payroll to ensure accuracy prior to submission for reimbursement.
- Verify employee information, such as exemptions, transfers, increases, insurance changes, deferred compensation deductions, resignations, and other data in order to maintain and update payroll records.
- Verify attendance, hours worked, and pay adjustments, and post information onto designated records.
- Examine supporting documentation including leave requests, time sheets, work charts, wage computation, and other information in order to detect and reconcile payroll discrepancies.
- Compute wages and deductions, and enter data into computer.
- Process adjustments to pay related to previous errors or retroactive increases.
- Prepare all payroll related disbursements including payroll checks, direct deposit vouchers, tax deposits, and all authorized deductions.
- Transmit direct deposit data.
- Prepare and enter payroll related journal entries.
- Prepare periodic reports such as tax data, reconciliation reports, journal entries, etc. for Fiscal Department as needed.
- Keep informed about changes in tax and deduction laws that apply to the payroll process. Research and report on payroll related information as required. Respond to
- Assist in the contract payment process by reviewing and analyzing assigned contracts and contract invoices. Identify discrepancies between contracts and corresponding invoices. Resolve discrepancies and approve invoices for payment.
- Review and analyze assigned contractors and OJT invoices. Identify discrepancies with OJT and provider contracts with corresponding invoices.
- Resolve discrepancies and prepare check requisitions for approval of invoices for payment.
- Analyze and report all deviations from Contracts and Budget. Recommend contract amendments where necessary
- Provide contract data to providers and their corresponding Program Managers.
- Coordinate and assist providers with the invoicing process.
- Prepare a variety of reports including weekly expenditure reports, monthly accrual reports, and invoice spreadsheets.
- Prepare check requisitions and accruals for invoices.
- Check figures, postings, and documents for correct entry, mathematical accuracy, and proper codes.
- Comply with federal, state, and local governmental procedures and regulations.
- Classify, record, and summarize numerical and financial data in order to compile and keep financial records, using journals and ledgers or computers.
- Code documents according to agency procedures.
- Operate computers programmed with accounting software to access computerized financial information to record, store, analyze information, and answer general questions as well as those related to specific accounts.
- Maintain adequate separation of duties as designated by Sr. Vice President and/or stipulated by internal control processes.
- Operate calculators, typewriters, and copy machines to perform calculations and produce documents.
- Participate in the agency’s hiring process by serving on screening and interview panels as needed.
- Participate in agency’s quality improvement initiatives by continually focusing on strategic planning and improving customer service.
- Communicate with coworkers, management, staff, clients, and the general public in a courteous and professional manner.
- Conform with and abide by all regulations, policies, work procedures, and instructions for internal controls.
- Respond promptly when returning telephone calls and replying to correspondence, emails, and faxes.
- Serve as back-up to assist with Account Payable duties and/or Purchasing Coordinator, as needed.
- May be assigned other responsibilities on a temporary or ongoing basis as necessary for the delivery of quality service within the Department or CareerSource Broward (CSBD) as an organization.
- A Bachelor’s degree plus three years of payroll experience is required. Knowledge of accounting principles and Accounts Payable functions and practice required.
- Must be proficient in all Microsoft Office applications and possess extensive Excel skills, possess ability to efficiently operate a calculator/adding machine, possess the ability to utilize state workforce development databases and possess the ability to utilize the Internet to conduct research and obtain data.
- The ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with other employees at all levels; the ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing, the ability to prioritize work; the ability to perform many tasks in a short time frame, and the ability to follow oral and written instructions is necessary;
CareerSource Broward provides necessary reasonable accommodation in the interview process upon request to persons with disabilities. Such requests must be made PRIOR to any scheduled interview.
CareerSource Broward is an E-Verify employer. For more information, click on the link to the E-Verify website https://www.e-verify.gov/
All individuals selected for hire must provide original documentation as referenced on the Form I-9 List A or List B and C, documenting their identity and employment eligibility. List B documents must contain a photo.