At CareerSource Broward, the goal of our job skills training program is to assist you in entering or re-entering the job market by acquiring an in-demand occupational skill. If you are interested in new career training, you may be eligible for a Workforce Innovation & Opportunity Act (WIOA) or Welfare Transition Program (WTP) grant.
At a CareerSource Broward center, a Success Coach will assess your eligibility and current skill sets, including math and reading. If it is determined that you meet eligibility and lack in-demand job skills, training may be considered as an option for you.
- For more information about WIOA scholarships for career training, click here.
- The list of occupations in demand in Broward County is available here.
- Click here to view the list of approved training programs.
- The current performance report of training providers can be found here.
** WIOA and WTP are not entitlement programs. **
** Applicants must meet WIOA or WTP eligibility criteria listed below. **
A. Steps to accessing our WTP training program:
1. Contact your assigned WTP Success Coach
B. Steps to accessing our WIOA training program:
1. Complete Employ Florida Profile (click here for how-to videos)
a. Background Wizard
c. Virtual Recruiter
2. Complete Self-Assessments in Employ Florida.
3. Complete the WIOA Application and gather required documents.
4. Contact a WIOA Success Coach at your nearest CareerSource Broward center.
Note: WIOA/WTP are not entitlement programs, and selection for participation in the program is a local decision that is based on eligibility, assessment of your needs, interests, abilities, motivation and your prospects for successfully completing the program; and on the availability of funding. For additional information, speak to a CareerSource Broward Success Coach to determine your eligibility